Confessions of a Penny Pincher

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Since I'm still feeling a little weak today from being sick I thought I would take this time for a little confession.  I don't like spending money.  Ok, that's not all together true.  Let me rephrase that statement. I don't like spending money on things I know I can either make or find for much cheaper. Let me explain.

I love going to thrift stores, estate sales, garage sales and, truth be told, other people's closets to find little treasures that can be turned into art or given new life with a simple coat of spray-paint. Besides, I kind of like the personal handmade touch in my home. It makes things feel cozy and homey. Let me show you what I mean...




In our home, I've hung board games in my boys' playroom, created a wall display with my husband's Pez dispensers, and made an art piece from a Charlie Harper memory game I purchased on sale at Old Navy.  It just takes a little time and creativity.  I'll be posting more pics from around my house as well as ideas from the blogs that I frequent throughout the week. I'd love to hear about the things you have done in your own home. xo











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground