Around the House: Cakestands

Monday, February 22, 2010

When my husband and I got married our budget for the wedding was pretty tight so we opted to do a lot of things ourselves. I made my wedding gown and the bridesmaids' skirts. We made our own keepsakes for everyone to take home. My father-in-law made a beautiful arbo for us to get married under (it rained.) We did all the decorations ourselves and the flowers were all from Grandma Pat's garden. The food was catered and we did cupcakes instead of cake. That was seven years ago and I still use the cake stands that my mother-in-law gave us daily. I wish they were filled with cupcakes everyday but that, unfortunately, isn't reality.

Instead we have used them to decorate our dining table, for halloween decor, as plant stands and as a stand for our beloved fish's (Pinky-toe) bowl. I also use them at almost every baby shower and sip-n-see I co-host. Don't you love it when you can use something over and over again and the possibilities of said objects are endless? Ahhhh, now that's getting your money's worth.
Here's a look at some other ideas for your cakestands. Don't have any? I think the photos below will entice you to run out and get some - quickly. Don't worry. You don't have to break the bank. Check out local garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores, craigslist and ebay before visiting retailers. Ooh, why not look in your Grandmother's kitchen? Happy hunting! xo
images via flickr: here and here, designsponge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground