Around the House: Getting Organized

Monday, March 1, 2010


Happy Monday! Is organized a four letter word? I think for some, it can be. I go back and forth. One thing's for sure - I don't like clutter. It's hard for me to look at stuff in total disarray. (I guess the Lord is going to do some work on me in that area with two boys.) One thing that's harder for me to deal with than clutter is spending big bucks on organization products. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at them. I can spend hours in The Container Store. They have a product for everything. And yes, I wish my laundry room and craft room were as organized and beautiful as the images above. I just can't give in to spending a ton of money on that stuff.  Lucky for me, there's the Dollar Tree.



Organization doesn't have to cost a lot. (I can't believe I'm showing the insides of my cabinets - that's either crazy or love.) I think I spent a total of $12.00 on the baskets in the above images. It may not be pretty, but I don't have stuff hitting me in the head anymore when I open my cabinets. Success!

And there are a ton of options out there from plastic storage bins to milk crates and everything in between. Then there's the option of labeling. You can get pretty crafty and creative here without breaking the bank. I love it! I'm going to  have to try the scrabble letters in my boys' room or the playroom. Does this help you get excited about spring cleaning? Maybe just a little? I sure hope so. xo

images via: flickr (jodymeza, myvintagewhimsy, biggie, chezlarsson, almost bunnies, deepfriedkudzu) and real simple.com

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully, inspiring post. Just goes to prove you don't need a ton of money to get organized. Well done! Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground