Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Silverware

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sitting in my kitchen drawer is a lovely spoon with the letter "B" on it. I never use it, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it. It's special. My mother-in-law found it at a thrift store and picked it up for me when my husband and I were first married. And although it's a treasured item - there it sits, in the drawer, waiting to be used. What does one do with one spoon? Then I saw these garden markers from little jane st. and these from monkeys always look on Design*Sponge. Lovely!


This got me thinking, "what else can I do with old silverware?" Remember spoon rings and bracelets? They're still around! (I have both a ring and a bracelet given to me from friends and family. They're so pretty - I love them and wear them all the time.) I also love some of the other ideas people have for old silverware. I would so much rather people "reuse" their stuff than have it end up in a landfill. This type of recycling makes me very happy. xo
images via flickr clockwise: rings, chimes, hooks, hooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground