A Weekly Challenge

Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello Friends.

I'm back! Can you tell? It was kind of like being gone and kind of not. I so enjoyed my time with family and friends. I am blessed. Over the weeks, God has been doing some serious work and me and my husband. We are growing in Christ a ton, growing closer to one another through our struggles and finding a deep joy in our family. It has been hard, emotional and delightful all at the same time.

During my time away, I thought about a new weekly post! I'm sharing the first of many with you today. Throughout the weeks ahead, I will be challenging myself to do various things for a week. Some will be really easy and quite silly. Others will be tough, but rewarding I'm sure.  This week I did a two-fer to get things rolling.

One - wear zero makeup (except cherry chapstick) for an entire week. Pictures of me with and without makeup coming soon. Insert butterflies and serious loads of apprehension here! (This is a pretty big area of struggle for me.)

Two - wear skirts for a week. Now I know to most this doesn't seem like much of a challenge, but when you have two boys and really prefer jeans over anything else...it's a BIG challenge. Here's a look at my challenge day by day.

and


and


and


and


and

Guess what? Wearing a skirt isn't all that bad. It can actually be kind of comfy cozy. Who knew? Don't go thinking I'm a changed woman. I am totally itchin' to slip on a pair of jeans. Doing so just feels more me, like wrapping up with a yummy blanket and a good book on a rainy day. Or playing footsies with your loved one while watching a good movie. All good things.  Hey guess what? It's FRIDAY baby. I hope you enjoy every minute of it - the hard stuff and the moments of joy. xo

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the boots and brown sandals!!! where did you get those adorable boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alli! They are Steve Madden boots from last year that I found at Ross for $12.00! They use to have fringe all the way around them, but I cut it off. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits! Good for you for challenging your self! And you're opening an etsy shop?!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Margie! Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I am opening an esty shop! It should be open by the middle of this month - fingers crossed! I'm working hard to get everything made and shot! Stay tuned! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude, your clothes are DARLING! i'm totally and completely in love with the top in look 3 (and love the rest, too obvs). :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox times a million!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In complete agreement with tiny twig on that third top...I heart it!
    My husband actually prefers me in skirts and the more I wore them to please him the more I grew to like them...I especially enjoy the long flowy, girly ones because as a mom with young ones they are easier to move around in without being concerned that I'm flashing people:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TT and Marty - thanks for the compliments. My hubs got the top for me while he was in Africa. It's actually made by someone in one of the villages that he went to. I love it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground