Weeds

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


Every year my husband spends countless hours pulling weeds from our yard. I think the desired effect is lush green grass. He usually achieves his goal, but here's the irony...I love weeds. Somehow, God takes the most ugly things and turns them into objects of beauty. I think this is true in life as well. My past is full of weeds. Some have been pulled, while others have been redeemed and transformed into beautiful, blossoming flowers for all to see and enjoy.



Have you addressed your garden lately? xo

4 comments:

  1. brooke- i love this! finding something beautiful in the not so beautiful:)

    last nights' message at church was about plating your roots in God and in your church home-otherwise it's like planting a flower on top of concrete.

    and i like your brown vase- i have one that is similar that i re-purposed from a vitamen bottle:)

    xo-
    av

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,

    What a beautiful, yet simple post!

    The "weeds" are the best things that my children bring me. . .especially when they bring them to me with excitement and purity of thought!!!

    Be Blessed,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your analogies girl. I took your advice and have joined a bible study. It's about the book of Jonah and life interuptions. Just started it last night. I know it's going to be good. I realized I need to learn how to deal with and adjust to life's interuptions better. Weird that this study came along just when I need it, but that's how God works isn't it. He amazes always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( My garden is hidden under the snow! Blogging faithfully from the Midwest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground