Weekly Challenge: Letting Go

Friday, April 8, 2011


It happens in the blink of an eye. They grow up so fast. This week I enrolled my big boy in Kindergarten. It has been a whirlwind of emotions, to say the least. Part of me wants to hold onto him; keep him with me and homeschool. The other part wants to do what I know is best for him and the way God has made him - let him go. Let him flourish and grow. This week I challenged myself to remember our past years together, breath deeply and let him be big.

this "bookie" has been with us since the beginning...last night, I slept with it.

When we brought him home, he was the one doing most of the crying...these days, it's me. I think this time is important. I need to grieve, accept and grow with him.
 Now instead of his "Foofie" dog and "bookie" it's legos and soccer. 
One day soon, he'll fill those shoes. This week, we're buying yet another bigger size.
I'm coping with art being done once a week at school. While I hate this, I am loving and embracing that I will still be his primary teacher of arts and faith. It is my job to shepherd his heart - always.
Rides at Six Flags will be more exciting than a Sit-n-Spin. This part I actually like.

Somehow - almost six years has flashed before my eyes this week. We have gone from this...
to this... and I couldn't be more proud of the young boy he has become.

I have realized that my sweet big boy will be sent to public school armed with the Truth (he loves the Lord and prays better than me sometimes). He knows that I am his best friend and biggest champion. That he is a mighty warrior of God. I pray that he we rise to the challenge of being apart 5 days a week. And the best part...if at any point it stops being what's best for him, we change it. That simple. That has given me much peace this week.

I pray your weekend is full of peace, love and laughter. Bring it baby!  The weekend is here! xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground