Weekly Challenge: Fight Like A Brave

Friday, September 16, 2011


If you are a man and read this blog (which I sincerely doubt any do) this is a post you will not want to read. Trust me.  For the first time in almost four years, my "monthly visitor" came to town. After having my youngest I got an IUD. I recently had it removed for a number of reasons, but that's beside the point.  Guess what else came back? PMS! This week I have had to fight hard to resist all that is encompassed in those three little letters.

Depression - I so wanted to crawl back into bed almost every day this week.  I praised God for my littles, who get me on my feet daily.

Insecurity - I blame this partially on the depression; the other part is one of my sin struggles.

Gluttony - there has been a deep desire within to consume every bit of chocolate and peanut butter I can get my hands on. Luckily, I only got my hands on some Monster Mix. (I kind of blame/thank my husband and his recent healthy ways for this one.) But I just might have to make an ice cream run this weekend.

Bloat - I feel like a balloon. Dressing a balloon is no fun. I'm proud to say that I never once left the house  in my birthday suit.

While I don't think it's bad to give into some of these feelings or all of them at one time or another, I sure as heck am not going to allow myself to stay there - for a week. I keep thinking of that L'Oreal ad, "Because you're worth it."  Oh, there's a lot of stuff that I can convince myself that I deserve or am "worth" but in the end they are all fleeting or leave me feeling worse about myself. My a-ha moment this week? "He has come so that I may have life, and have it abundantly." I'm not about to let PMS control me. Dang it... I am woman - hear me ROAR! xo



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground