Obedience and the "L" word.

Monday, January 30, 2012


Life is often marked by a series of events that are either joyful or sorrowful. Chasms. Mine is marked by several. Most recently, an act of obedience and one that I never saw coming in a million years.

Several weeks ago Bonnie, of Revolutionaries, asked me to share my story of grace with her readers. As much I desired to do so, something was holding me back... I had never shared my story with my Dad. There was so much fear of his response and hurting him that I just couldn't do it. I am proud to say that I was obedient to the Lord and finally told him everything two Thursdays ago. Instantly I felt complete freedom as that weight, that burden, was removed. One week later, my Dad was hospitalized with Leukemia. To have shared my story with my Dad and ask him for forgiveness before he got sick was nothing short of a miracle. God's timing is perfect.

Yesterday Bonnie shared my story with her readers here.

Here's a snippet: 
As I poured over the pages I realized...I am Gomer. I am Israel. I have prostituted myself in a number of ways: drugs, alcohol, materialism, control and anger, just to name a few. Hosea 4:1-2a says, "Hear the word of the Lord, O people of Israel! The Lord has brought charges against you saying: 'there is no faithfulness, no kindness, no knowledge of God in your land. You make vows and break them; you kill, steal and commit adultery...'" That was me. But before I get ahead of myself, let me tell you a little bit about how I got there.

For the complete story (it's a long one) check out Revolutionaries.
xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground