In Need Of A Voice

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Caution: This is not your typical post. It's my soapbox. Something I'm passionate about based on my own experience.

I watched a video today with my girlfriend that lead me to do some investigating of my own.  Did you know that in most states it's legal for abortion clinics provide abortions up to 14 weeks? Did you know that in a few states clinics are legally able to provide abortions up to 24 weeks? Yup...24 weeks.


Now, I am not judging anyone or their decisions, as I myself have been in the position of deciding life vs. abortion. I chose abortion at 11 weeks. It still haunts me and my family in different ways to this very day, even though I was VERY sure it was what was best for me at the time and years later. I guess I'm just wondering... why does 


have a greater right to a voice than the human babies inside womens' bellies? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Does it to you? I understand this is a very emotional issue for women, men and lovers of animals. If it's important for us to protect our animals and their reproduction through having pets spayed and neutered, then why aren't we responsible with our own bodies? If our pets were to get pregnant before we had them spayed or neutered, would it ever cross our minds to have our pets go through an abortion? No, we'd just wait for the babies to come and find them a good home.  What makes people different?

If you are faced with a tough choice right now, believe me... I have been there. I know exactly how you are feeling. Email me. I'd love to chat with you and tell you what my experience has been on the other side of abortion. It's not an easy life either. Much love - xo


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground