Around the House: The Sucky Part

Monday, June 4, 2012


There are a lot of unknowns when moving from one place to another, but I think the absolute worst part, the suckiest bit, is packing and knowing what you're leaving behind. This is just a glimpse of what we are dealing with around the house this week...

Packing, packing and more packing. (Side note: I do NOT do well living amongst chaos. I am a believer of everything having it's place. Ha. You're probably thinking, "Then why in the world is she a mother of two? And boys at that!" I have no idea, God has a sense of humor doesn't He?) Toys and boxes are everywhere.


Then there's the sadness that comes with knowing all you will be leaving behind... amazing neighbors, a touch of serenity and familiarity and our super awesome garden that is giving us delicious spinach and green beans right now.


Yes, new memories will be made and decorating adventures await, but part of me longs for normalcy and things to stay the same. I had two breakdowns this weekend, wondering, "What have I done?" I have never been a part of a remodel and I'm a little bit terrified! (To say the least.) On the bright side, my youngest turned four over the weekend. FOUR! We celebrated splash park style. Gotta keep things as low key as possible right now. You feel me? One more birthday and an anniversary to go before we move. "One. Day. At. A. Time." xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground