Adios Cooking Woes

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Food. It's a love/hate relationship in my kitchen. I love to eat. I hate to cook. I have my staples that keep me and my family from going hungry and don't require any planning. I don't meal plan and I try to only go to the grocery store once a week (less if I can get away with it). It's simple and that's the way I like it. Or should I say, liked it. We have been trying to eat less meat and much more healthy for the past several weeks. In the beginning I wanted to cry every time I walked into the kitchen to cook dinner. But alas there is hope for me yet! (Ahhh... the angels are singing.) I am starting to enjoy trying new things and I swear my tastebuds are starting to change. I actually like foods that I would have gagged at in the past - avocado and cantaloupe. And I'm finding that flavors really do compliment each other. ( I know - duh!)
My new favorite meal is the many varieties of the beautiful burrito. Sometimes there's rice. Other times corn and black beans. Sunday night I even threw in some cinnamon and butternut squash. Yum! I could go on and on. The point is this...don't be afraid to try new things in the kitchen. What's the worst that can happen? It goes into the dog's bowl? It goes down the drain? Oh well. My Dad used to say, "the best four letter word to say is next." He was a salesman. Can ya tell? He was right though. The next meal could become a new favorite! 

Here are a few new meals I plan on trying this week:
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich (not too adventurous, which means a good start)
Cheesy Orzo and Garden Veggies (less the fresh tomatoes - I tried them on the burrito above and yup, still don't like 'em)
Veggie Burgers (homemade, not frozen)

And you want to know the best dessert to accompany healthy eating? Uh-huh. You guessed it... fruit! Yummy.
How about you? What have you whipped up in the kitchen lately? xo

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAY!!! VEGETARIANISM FOR THE WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIL - ha ha ha... thanks. you motivated me. well, you and the second viewing of Forks Over Knives. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground