Quick & Easy Halloween Decor

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Annnnddd we're back. You guys, I've been so busy launching Fresh Bib, I've totally neglected my first baby and her followers. I'm so sorry. So how have things been in blog world? Anything earth shattering that I need to know about? I trust you'll tell me if so.

So what have I been up to lately, besides working my tail off for Fresh BiB? Well, decorating the house for Fall/Halloween for one. I wasn't going to do a thing, but then my boys begged with little puppy dog eyes and I couldn't resist. Oddly, I have lost most of our halloween decor so I was forced to create a few new things. Inspired by where else but Pinterest? I created a few new banners that took me less than 30 minutes for both! I had some stiff felt in black and sticky back felt in white left over from some other craft projects; both were perfect for what I wanted to create.

A Beautiful Mess created this fun "Boo" banner a while back; I've always loved it and thought I'd finally try making my own...
Y'all, it was so easy. I simply cut the banner out of the sheet of stiff felt and punched holes in the corners for my yarn. Then I traced the word "BOO" onto the sticky back white felt, cut it out, peeled off the backing and stuck my letters onto the banner. Done!  How easy is that? The pumpkin and black cat cutouts above are actually old Halloween cards that my aunt sent my boys two years ago. Old cards are such a simple way to decorate. I perched these atop vintage spools, but they also look great framed.

Since our fireplace is in the boys' playroom, I wanted their decor to be playful, not scary! I'm not big on the scary side of Halloween. Plus, my boys have been having nightmares lately and are sleeping with their bedside lights on. This pacman garland from Minieco was perfect for them! Using my stiff felt, I traced circles (using chalk so that it would show up) and ghosts. After cutting out the triangle for pacman's mouth, I added googly eyes with my hot glue gun to the ghosts. The finishing touch...hot glueing my pieces to a string of bakers twine that I had on hand, followed by hanging above the fireplace, adorned with candles, owl, pipecleaner pumpkins and egg crate spiders. Done.

So easy right? Tell me, do you do the scary decor thing for Halloween? It's good to be back. I've missed y'all! xo

15 comments:

  1. I really like the Halloween party, so I would like to thank who made this post, realy Good !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who accepts dogecoin as payment with  Dogecoins A Good Investment   did amazon accept dogecoin.But  conecnection  of dogcoin in world  is  famous in country.you can transfer  ripple to dollars exchange in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this website so much it's really awesome.I have also gone through your other posts too and they are also very much appreciate able and I'm just waiting for your next update to come as I like all your posts. Earn Free Xbox Live Gift Card Codes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. مشروع ماكينات التعبئة والتغليف هو من اكثر المشاريع اقبالاً من قبل متوسطي رأس المال، ولهذا فتقدم لكم ماسترتك افضل ماكينات تعبئة مياة معدنية حيث انك ستحصل علي ماكينة تعبئة مياة معدنية مصنعه بالكامل من الاستانلس ستيل المتين المقاوم للصداء حيث تتمعملية التصنيع تحت اشراف نخبة من كبار مختصي صناعة ماكينات التعبئة والتغليف،وستخصل مع الماكينة علي ضمان صيانة دورية من شركة ماسترتك.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blog with high quality content.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank you for post. It's truly informative will surely keep visiting the website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post. You have provided valuable information that truly helps people. Keep up with the good work please.

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground