Wintery Goodness

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A few weeks back I was working with my husband on a photoshoot. Knee deep in product purchases I stumbled across the above pillow of loveliness at West Elm. My adoration of this store goes back and forth, but let me tell you, they are knocking out of the park right now. Seriously. Go check it out. It's very inspirational and wintery.

As much as I love this pillow cover, there is no way I'm paying $59.00 for it. I'm way too cheap thrifty for that. Enter a trip to the local thrift store where I found a plush cream knit scarf for $2.00. Ka-ching! A couple of snips and a few stitches later, I had a new pillow. It's not exact, but I'm happy with it. It was only $2.00 after all!




It borders on the granny-chic side, but I think it works for Fall. And as much as I hate to say it, I think the floral pillow has got to go. I love it, but doesn't really fit the dark moody brassed up feeling I'm going for. Oh well. I guess there's another project on the horizon.

How are you changing things up for Fall/Winter around your home? xo

4 comments:

  1. Love the pillow - hadn't yet taken sweater/scarf/throw from the thrift and remaking it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke - I absolutely LOVE your cushion and truly like it better than the original one!! I love the texture of it - real wintery. Great job luv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME brooke - I am going to have to look for appropriate scarves immediately!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground