Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Mommy Guilt

Wednesday, March 30, 2011


I've been told that Mommy guilt comes with the birth (or adoption) of your first child. It's part of the territory. My sweet friend Desi compared it to a comfortable sweater that we put on; it's familiar, safe and we've grown quite accustom to it.  See if any of these sound familiar...

"I shouldn't have let them watch so much TV today."

"He/She's not napping today. What did I do wrong?"

"My little is almost three and he's not potty-trained. It's all my fault."

"I want to strangle them today. If I were a better Mommy, I would enjoy them all the time."

"I have kiddos. There's no time for me. I'll get back to me when they go to college."
If you have heard any of these tapes play in your head friend, you have believed lies and could possibly be a slave to Mommy guilt. It is my hope that you will join me and a ton of other Mommies in shedding that familiar sweater. Spring abounds and it's time some new growth sprouts within us too.  Please take the time to click this link and listen to the teaching from Desi Brown. It's a little long, but trust me... it's funny, life giving and well worth your time! This may be the best reduction I've ever done. xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground