DIY Fa la la la la

Monday, December 7, 2009

I love it when I find sweet inexpensive ways to decorate my home AND get the kids involved. These precious little door bells made of egg crates (recycling never looked so cute) from Martha Stewart. She may be a jail bird, but the lady's got skillz! Ok, maybe not her so much, but her team of creative talent behind the name!

Remember this from elementary school? Oh, I love it. The folks from Dos Family have made this paper craft more beautiful than I could have ever imagined it could be. I can't wait to do this with Jude and hang them in his room. This is so easy and seriously gorgeous, no?

Ok, I feel like I'm going on sentimental journey here or something but I can't get past how new everyone is making crafts from our childhood look these days. When I was little we would string popcorn and cranberries or dry noodles, but look at this crafty little twist from Design Sponge with popcorn and straws! They even took it a step further and gave their tree a circus theme! I'm really thinking about doing this next year! I love it and think the boys would have a blast with this one. I can see it now: plastic circus animals painted white, laffy taffy, popcorn and straw garland with lights galore! I'm giddy with anticipation!

Last but not least, this one is so easy and so beautiful. And, I love it when I do something fun before seeing it in magazines or on blogs! I'm sure I saw it last year, but whatever, it makes me happy. I have clear, sparkly Christmas balls hanging from my ceiling fan in our bedroom just like this image below from Belle Maison. Isn't it lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground