Brrrrr...

Monday, January 11, 2010

It has been so cold in Dallas lately that I couldn't stop myself from doing a weekend quickie DIY. This cute little hat from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing for Baby was so easy and took about 30 minutes total. That's with both my boys up and running around like crazy people while I was cutting and sewing.
I think the final piece turned out quite nice; although I would have liked to use two different fabrics like what I show above. Unfortunately the darker brown fabric wasn't stretchy and Liam has a seriously big noggin (lots of brain power I think.) I suggest measuring your little one's head before cutting your fabric, as I had to make mine a little wider than suggested in the book.

Now, before you go thinkin' that all my DIY projects are going to be sewing or kiddo projects, let me give you a little teaser for this week's DIY that will start tomorrow... SIT tight and stay tuned! See you tomorrow. xo

1 comment:

  1. Practical project - and yet the detailing of the thread at top and the added stitching on the rolled band. Simple but profound additions to personalize and add a bit of pizazz. Wouldn't have thought of it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground