Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Milk Bottles

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Remember the days when the milk man delivered those beautiful bottles of milk to your door? Yeah, me either. Gone with the days of 50's purity is the milkman and all the silly jokes that accompanied him. Lucky for us though Promised Land Dairy still exists and not only is their milk delicious, their bottles are lovely.

Several months back, a grocer near our house was running a special on Promised Land milk and I stocked up on about 10 or more bottles. Once their contents were gone I couldn't bring myself to simply toss the beautiful bottle into the recycle bin. Into the sink with warm soapy water they went. An hour or so later I scrubbed off the labels, cleaned them up and put them on my kitchen window sill. I have since moved them into my bathroom. I love the way they catch the morning light.


What are some of the creative ways you're recycling these days? xo
vintage milk bottles via got milk bottles

1 comment:

  1. On one of your blog links someone took newspaper strips and covered the bottles also, very colorful.
    A group of gals are recyling yarn. In our spare moments, we use cast-off yarn from elderly ladies, thrift stores, and knitting scarfs for domestic abuse center clients. We call our group Knitting for Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground