Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Tin Cans

Wednesday, March 17, 2010


Warhol soup cans via art in the picture

Warhol transformed the soup can from an everyday household item into an icon, something to be treasured. You know the old saying, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." I couldn't agree more. (I'm an avid dumpster diver and bulk trash day scavenger.) Old coffee cans and soup cans don't have to be tossed into the recycle bin; they can be turned into things of beauty! Take a look - I hope you are as inspired as I am.

Mini Planters via craftstylish

Tin Can Wall Garden via Craftzine

Lid Converters via inhabitat

Craft Organizer via laissesfaire

Pendant Light via mariposa avenue

I absolutely love the garden tins, painted blue or left alone! If I didn't have such a brown thumb, I'd would be creating a few of those this weekend.  What have you made with old soup cans - aside from the old string and tin can telephone when you were a kid? xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground