What a wonderful reason to celebrate having a Mom, being a Mom and family in general. I'm not naive enough to think that everyone has a great relationship with their Mom - it can be very challenging and not everyone does motherhood well. It is the single most difficult job in the world and sometimes thankless. Moms work 24-7 and put others before themselves daily. To those who have chosen to be Moms I thought I would share one of my favorite excerpts about you from a book (Lies Women Believe) I recently read:
"...a bumper sticker you may recall seeing several years ago: "Life: What a Beautiful Choice." ...they (moms) are choosing life every day..."
- with every meal they prepare;
- with every load of dirty clothes they wash;
- with every trip they make to the grocery store, to school, to the dentist, to piano lessons, to soccer practice, or to the shoe store;
- with every scraped knee they bandage;
- with every encouraging word they speak;
- with every night hour they spend rocking a sick or scared child;
- with every dispute they arbitrate;
- with every moment they spend building legos, coloring, helping with math problems, reading a Bible story, or listening to a husband or child describe his day;
- with every moment they spend interceding for the spiritual growth and protection of their family.
"Day in and day out, they are building a home; they are being life-givers; they are laying a foundation and building a memorial that will outlive them for generations to come; they are honoring their Creator in the greatest possible way."
Thank you for all your hard work Moms. Don't think for a minute that that pile of laundry is a meaningless mundane task or all those floors you scrub and meals you prepare. It does NOT go unnoticed and has a greater purpose than ever imagined. Thank you!
Looking for a gift for Mom...here are some things I found on Etsy that are awesome!
Other favorites that I have received in the past: time to myself, sleeping in late and waking up to a cup of freshly pressed coffee, a mani-pedi, an afternoon with girlfriends and time with family without any chores. Happy Weekend lovlies. xo