Blah, Blah, Blah. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

Friday, June 4, 2010


June is a jam packed month for us: new school, new sport, 2 birthdays, our anniversary and a family vacation with friends. So, I'm off to Austin for a nice relaxing girl weekend while the getting is good. My best girlfriend lives in Austin and she's getting married!  Hooray! I can't wait to have a ton of giddy girl talks about colors, dresses, flowers and the like. But if I'm honest, I also can't wait to just get away by myself, even if it's only for a day or two. The first week of June has been crazy. Good, but crazy.

I scored some seriously amazing new chairs (see above) for the dining room so that meant, I had to post the old chairs on craigslist. Totally worth it. Don't ya think?


My oldest started t-ball. I don't know if he likes playing the game more or his new shoes. He wants to wear them everywhere. My toes have the sores to prove it.


My youngest turned 2 this week. TWO! Where does the time go? We celebrated with cake, skinny dipping in the plastic kiddie pool, playing Hot Wheels with Gramma and running into the dining room table which caused his eye to split open and turn a tad bit black and blue. Nice.


We found a new way to kill some time this summer. Beans! My oldest started a new summer school this week and they have a table full of beans and scoopers, etc. It's helping my youngest explore shapes, sizes, texture, scooping and dumping. The dumping part he pretty much already had down to a science.




The guest/craft room has been getting a little TLC this week too so I thought I'd share a few sneak peeks above. I'm still on the hunt for a desk and we still have the diaper changing station in there, but it's coming along. Slowly, but surely. I got the fan at a garage sale for $4.00, the clock for $6.00 (and it works!) and the mirror for $4.00. Gosh, I love getting good deals on amazingly cool stuff. How was your week? Here's to a weekend of rest! Cheers. xo

2 comments:

  1. I like how the new room is coming along! I cant wait to see it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you just have to Cook those beans! :)

    Hope you have a fun, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground