Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Fabric Scraps

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

When I hear the word "scraps" I think of the left over food on the table that gets thrown into dog bowls. Yuck. But fabric scraps well, that's a different story! Just hop on over to any craft or quilt blog and you'll find a million and one things to do with fabric scraps. You know, the little bits that usually get tossed in the trash once you've finished cutting out the pieces for the big project you're working on. (I think I may have a touch of hoarding in me because I find it so difficult to throw out even the tiniest pieces of fabric left behind. But, because I love our small house and my husband, I'm getting much better at it.) Before you go tossing out your "scraps" take a look what others are making:

headbands a la yellowsongbird (and the cute little decorative clothespins you see below)
quilts



birds
cool t-shirts and onesies
appliques anywhere
red giraffe
garland/bunting
pillows
(everything by) dottieangel
"wallpaper"
sliding door

What do you do with your scraps? After looking at all the lovely things that can be made with my "left-overs" I'm kind of thinking they are worth much more than the cents I think I'm tossing. xo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great ideas! I have a little collection of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shout out girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground