Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Bridal Shower

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Remember all the crates and kitchen drawers I told you I saved from bulk trash over the last few weeks? Well, I was finally able to put them to good use over the weekend. My girlfriend Kim is getting married and when one is about to get hitched, there is usually a party that precedes the event. (Hmm... that's lots of partying going on huh?) Anyway, today I'm going to show you how beautiful a recycled lingerie shower can be using some things you already have lying around your house.

kitchen drawer and crate from bulk trash

old cookie sheet

old vases, canning jars and powdered sugar (to keep tea lights in place)

gifts don't have to be wrapped - I tucked some of her new lingerie into the kitchen drawer for a splash of color

"Lights Out" banner on old sales tags and lingerie from my drawers!

another wine crate from bulk trash with vintage hankies and mirror from home

(excuse the flash - it was getting dark) more vintage hankies and cake plates from home

All that recycled goodness makes for one very affordable, adorable, memorable and fun shower. Look around your house, I bet you have a party in the making lurking in every cabinet! xo

2 comments:

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground