Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Thrifted Goodness

Wednesday, May 4, 2011


Thrift stores...they're my favorite kind of department store - next to estate sales. I love finding old pieces that have a history and are one of a kind. But when I find items on sale at the thrift store, be still my heart. Last week I promised that I would show you some lovelies that others had donated and I joyfully recycled. Here's my booty for all of $40.00. What did I score? Oh my, a treasure trove of endless possibilities for my Spring/Summer wardrobe and a flawless diamond for Fall/Winter 2011.

The shirts that will be worn with skinny jeans and sandals...
The bottoms - a black maxi-skirt with pockets, a little lace number, a grey floppy mini and a tweed for Fall.
The Spring Jacket - that longs for deep v-tees and tanks.
And the flawless diamond...Vintage Dior for $3.93. My heart was beating so fast when I saw this baby I felt like I was in Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell Tale Heart.

This was by far the most successful shopping spree I've ever had at my local thrift store. And to think I just went in for some shorts. I am so grateful that people donate their clothes for others to enjoy. xo

PS - I found a pair of shorts too. JCrew Bermuda for $1.97.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground