Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Gatorade

Wednesday, June 29, 2011


Thirsty? In this house, we drink loads of Gatorade. I've got a husband who runs, a little who plays every sport you can think of and a tiny little who chases after his big brother with hopes of being just like him. Oh, and there's my aversion to any and all sodas. Yuck. So, instead of buying bottle after bottle of Gatorade, we buy the powder. (It helps me cut back on sugar intake for the boys too.) Instead of tossing those awesome orange containers, I've found some new uses.


I don't know about you, but when I pack snacks for my guys the pretzels, crackers and animal cookies inevitably end up in crumbs. I now pack all of their snacks in Gatorade containers. Not only does it prevent the snack from turing into mush, it keeps them fresh too.


These little containers also make a great music instrument. Fill with rice or beans for your maraca; add a chopstick to run up and down the rippled sides and you got two instruments in one. 

I've also been known to fill these amazing orange containers with used batteries. Once they're full, I take them to the recycle center. Who knew packaging could be so diverse? Thanks Gatorade. You rock! xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground