Fabulous Finds

Thursday, August 25, 2011

vest $7.00
So I got to thinkin'...if I just show you all the great items I scored in Iowa at the resale/thrift shops, that would just be bragging. But if I showed you how they could go from Summer into Fall and Winter, that could be helpful and fun.

The loot:
 orange flouncy mini-skirt - $6.00
sequin shorts - $16.00 (with original tags still on)
leopard pony hair kitten heels - $3.95

I also scored a pair of men's army green khakis for $2.95. They're slouchy and wonderful. I can't wait to wear them with the leopard heels. Oh baby.  My reason for showing you this is two fold. One - you can get a great wardrobe at thrift stores and places like Plato's Closet. Don't be afraid to shop those stores and DON'T be afraid to dig! Two - your summer items can carry you into Fall and beyond. Don't pack up one seasons complete wardrobe when another rolls around. They can merge quite nicely.

SUMMER: add a white or heather grey tank and you're in business.

FALL: a bit of gypsy glamour

WINTER: add a leopard scarf and this little number is both comfy and cute.

As for the sequin shorts...

WORK:

DATE NIGHT: side note - I scored that Theory tuxedo jacket at the thrift store for $3.95.

CASUAL: add black tights and bam, you're good to go.

A little thrifting goes a long way! PS - it's also a form of recycling. wink, wink. xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground