Snip, Snip, Snap!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Confession...I'm kind of in love with the army vest. And since, I don't see it cooling off in Texas anytime soon, I figure this pieces is a gonna be a wardrobe staple come Fall. However, at prices soaring into the hundies ($100) for one of these babies, I also didn't see it making it's way into my closet anytime soon. So I've been on the hunt for months at the thrift stores for an army jacket that I can snip into a creation of my own. Guess what??? Finally found one for $3.00.

I snipped off her little arms, pressed, pinned, stitched and voila...my perfect (and thrifty) Fall vest.
 (please excuse my very blurry and oh so crappy images.)

Check out Miss Kelly takin' it to a whole new level by layering it with a jacket. Sooo cool.

Tee hee hee...I love it when things turn out so unexpectedly well. Yay! The hubs will be taking Senior photos of my SIL next week, hopefully I can get him to snap a few decent one of me in the vest while he's at it. (wink. wink.) xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground