Around the House: Use It or Lose It

Monday, October 10, 2011


Always the same. Never changing. Mundane. Rut. This, dear readers, is a decorating nightmare for me. You know what I'm talkin' about... you move in, get settled and then 5 years later things look exactly the same. E-gats! Confession - this was happening in my own home! It was time for some much needed changes. 

Guests had been squeezed into our cramped dining space long enough. And the couch was pushed up against the wall, preventing the use of our windows, for far too long. My living room longed for new life. Here's how she looks now...
 


My dear friend Cricket shared some wise words with me the other day. "You know you've changed things for the better if you use the room more." Truer words have never been spoken (concerning decor). My sweet family now eats dinner at our dining room table every night. The focus is no longer on the TV. And, we can open our windows to let in the nice Fall breeze.  Funny, I find myself sitting in all the different seats just looking around - with a big ol' grin on my face! Happy Monday - sorry for the shotty photography. xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground