Weekly Challenge: Tame my Wants

Friday, October 14, 2011


Lately I have more wants than my brain can handle. Not material wants, although I have those too. I'm talkin' about the desires of your heart kind of wants. Mine are a bit out of control and all consuming right now.  Here are just a few...

I want to be a great wife.

I want to be a wonderful mother.

want to be a great housewife.

want to be a good cook.

want to be involved in my littles schools.

want to be a friend and servant of all.

And on and on the list goes. If you've hung around this blog for any length of time, you know that I struggle with this from time to time. This week as I've prayed through the list and talked it over with my girls, I've discovered that I need to be okay with how God's created me and just do my best.  Today I've decided...

Being a great wife and wonderful mother are priority (after God). And if I take an honest inventory of the behaviors and actions of my hubs and my littles - I'm not doing bad in this department - PTL.

Cobwebs and dust build up in the corners of our home and the kitchen floor is sticky, but my kids are happy and well loved. Plus, it's Halloween - I can just pretend my mess is a part of our holiday decor.

I will never be a great cook. It's just not something I want to pour my time into. The good news is that I'm not awful at it and my family isn't starving - far from it.

My involvement in school will grow as he grows. We will all grow together and I like that. Plus, I'm not trying to keep up with the Jones'. I don't even know who they are!

Friends, well, my dear friends love me and accept me for who I am. Currently they are blessing me and they say I'm doing the same. I'll take their word for it and stop listening to the lies of the enemy.

Some might say I'm settling. I say I'm enjoying life, one glorious day at a time. Happy Weekend - Enjoy! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground