Forever February Challenge: Love Languages

Friday, February 3, 2012


Did you know that you have a love language? Well, you do. The hubs and I uncovered our love languages through the book: The 5 Love Languages.  This is seriously eye opening stuff here homies. Before reading the book years ago, I expected the hubs to know me inside and out - not because I told him what I needed, but because he loved me so much. Phfft. Not possible. Do you have any idea how many tiny little arguments and huge fights were had over my our unmet expectations? Ugghhh... too many!

Here are the big 5:

Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

Guess what? The hubs and I are pretty much complete opposites in 50% of our love languages. Explains some of those fights huh?

Mine: Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation

His: Acts of Service and Words of Affirmation

So as you might expect, before our love language enlightenment, I was holding his hand, gettin' all hugged up on him while watching a movie and spooning in bed. And he was taking out the trash, scrubbing the toilets, doing the dishes and washing my car. (I know. I really shouldn't be complaining.) But while I appreciate all of those things (especially the toilet scrubbing) they just don't get my motor revved or make me feel pretty.
My challenge this next week: speak his language! (I've told him this week how grateful I am for all he's done with the boys while I'm with my Mom and Dad, but I want him to know more!) Notes of affirmation all over the place. I'm talkin' out the yang people. And some acts of service too...like telling him to go on some runs (without the littles) and giving the house a good thorough cleaning - with a side of bow chicka wow wow thrown on top like a little cherry!

Do you know your love language? Go here to find out. And if you want a little challenge in the love area, check this out. Happy lovey dovey weekend homies! xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground