Weekly Challenge: Receive

Friday, February 17, 2012


Wow. To say that I have been humbled this week is an understatement. Major. When times are tough, I think we just assume that our friends will be there for us. I also think it's much easier to help those friends than it is to receive help from them. Since my Dad got sick and my Mom kinda moved in, my community has said, "let us help you" several times. My response has often been the same, "yeah, ok." But I never reached out to say I needed a break or time to hang at the hospital or just go to the grocery. Instead of hearing my words, my friends have heard my actions (I'm tired a lot and just plain depressed sometimes.)  And they have moved in mighty ways.

Over the past two weeks I have received dinners, care packages, praise books for my Dad, free babysitters and more from friends and neighbors that expect zero in return. I have seen the hands and feet of Christ. My family has been loved and served well beyond my wildest dreams. To those of you that have prayed for us and helped us out - Thank you!  My parentals are amazed by your love and good deeds. You are showing them Christ. If I said thank you a million trillion times, it wouldn't be enough.

Happy Weekend friends. xo

If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. Luke 6:34


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground