Around The House: Closet Spring Cleaning

Monday, March 19, 2012

dream via sartorialist. reality (can't find source).

That's it. That is my life most days - dream vs. reality. There are the items in my closet that I would love to wear and then there are those that I can really wear. I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2 crazy boys that sometimes sews and writes. And though I've heard it said that you can never be over dressed... I think I'd look pretty silly wearing my "dream" outfit (seen above) to the grocery store or the park. So over the past several years, my chucks and I have become pretty close. Over the next couple of weeks I'm gonna share with you guys a little of my dream life and my real life via clothing... Mommy Style - It May Not Be Glamorous, But It's Real Life. 

Why am I doing this? My friend Hayley, over at The Tiny Twig, recently did a series called, "31 Days to a No-Brainer Wardrobe." Genius right? Check it out if you haven't already. Hayley has walked many a lady through how to clean out one's wardrobe, where to shop and much more. She is the inspiration behind this mini-series and closet purge.  I mean, why the heck am I hanging onto all these clothes that I don't wear or no longer feel comfortable in? It's silly.

What's in it for you? You can expect to see some really fun DIYs that are so easy you can do them while your littles nap, along with my style - day to day, date nights and church that will hopefully inspire you to embrace your Mommy Style. I'll finish this little mini-series off with a "Shop My Closet" extravaganza. All proceeds will go to a sweet family here in Dallas trying to adopt their foster kids. (Oh yes, it will be hard to not save some of the loot and put it toward a new pair of flats, but I know those kids need a stable home more than I need a new pair of shoes.)

Get ready. Get set. Get Real! xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground