Mommy Style: Playdate

Tuesday, March 20, 2012


It's 3:00 am. I'm still awake. It's 5:45 and I'm awake again. Ahhh...it's 6:30 and I am finally snoring. That is how some of my nights roll now that I'm the mother of two. Uh-huh...I'm still up all night long, but my soundtrack no longer involves DJs and strobe lights. It's littles and ear aches, or something of that variety. What's a mommy to do when she's had 4 hours of sleep and has a playdate scheduled? Pile on lots of under-eye concealer, drink loads of coffee and sport my hat and beloved chucks.

Now, before I get things started, I should inform you that Dallas peeps like to get dressed up. Going to the mall can be turned into NY Fashion Week. Gratefully, I no longer get sucked into that vortex. Anyway, back to my day. It's now 11:00 and I'm meeting my bestie for a playdate with her little. Location - mall. When the forecast calls for rain (thunderstorms to be exact) the mall is the next best thing to Disney World. Luckily my fave has an outdoor area, a pond full of ducks and turtles, Chick-fil-a and a children's library! Win. Win. Win.
Uh-huh, that's my guy with his red shorts on backwards!
 hat: old, shirt: estate sale, pants: target clearance rack, shoes: converse
You'll notice there are no accessories... if I've had minimal sleep and know I'm gonna be running after my little and then rolling around on the floor in our tent - why bother?
It should be said, this mommy thing... it's the Good Life! xo
(PS - the rain finally came at 8:30 pm for all those wondering why I'm squinting outside when I talked up a big rain event.)
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground