Weekly Challenge: Journal

Friday, May 11, 2012

Confession...I'm not a journaler. I try. Really hard. But, I can't seem to stick with it. I do think it's a great tool and helps you work through your thoughts, see patterns, etc. So when the hubs mentioned an Ebenezer journal as we work through next steps in buying and renovating our new house and selling our current one, I was on board.  (My littles each created handmade journals last summer and we never used them. Until now.)

Ebenezer means "stone of remembrance". As we journey through life, we have all kinds of doubts, struggles and fears. When things get really bad, I/we begin to question if God is there. Does He hear us? In this little journal will be reminders of the times God has heard us, shown Himself faithful and/or delivered us in the midst of trials. A record of His hand on our lives. I love that I don't have to do this everyday and that it will lift me out of my own pit of sorrow in the future. Preventative medicine...that maybe the best challenge ever. xo

PS - It should be said that God's ways are not our ways. I am very aware that our hopes and wants may not always line up with His. I do believe that rejection can be protection.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground