Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Kitchen Tools

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

If you're anything like me, the kitchen is the hub of your home. It also seems to produce the most waste. From food containers and food scraps to trash bags and kitchen "tools" there is an endless supply of waste.  Because of all this waste, I am loving the new eco friendly (and quite lovely) return of wood and natural bristles in the kitchen. Mercantiles and General Stores are the latest in a stream of simplistic living trends and I hope they are here to stay. They woo me with their beautiful, yet simple, design.

Kaufmann Mercantile favorites:

mineral oil for all those stunning cutting boards
bottle brush - for all my hard to clean water bottles
wool hand duster - goodbye swiffer

Terrain favorites:
pinch & dash - because all of mother's recipes seem to call for them
veggie scrubber
straw handbroom
 horsehair handbroom
 metal straws
enamelware lunch box
bubble up dish brush
goodbye detergent cleaning scrubs
tie string holder - for all those sandwiches wrapped in butcher paper

I mean... These products are so pretty I almost want to be in my kitchen 24 hours a day. But for now, I'll stick to the 5-7 hours I feel I'm in there right now! 

Am I the only one in the world that feels like they're in the kitchen ALL the time? xo

5 comments:

  1. great items for anyone's kitchen.
    love west elm. we have a shop nearby.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! The straws are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have those straws and the detergent free scrubbies. and i must be in the kitchen most of my waking hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never in my life haves pined over a duster. Hah! I think I'm going to buy that mineral oil.. My wooden cutting boards need some lovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pve - us too and I love it!

    kathryn - they are pretty amazing huh?

    nicole - girl, you are the one that turned me onto the scrubbies - xx

    megs - right!? how can a duster be so pretty? and I too need the mineral oil!

    thanks for the comment love ladies! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground