Around the House: The Great Return

Monday, March 4, 2013

For the last eight days I have been flying solo while the hubs has been in Africa on a mission trip. While he was gone my Dad was in the hospital and my oldest got a stomach bug. Add to all that my inability to sleep soundly when he is away and you have one seriously sleep deprived Mommy who couldn't be more happy to welcome her husband home - for a number of reasons.

If it weren't for my paralyzing fear of being home alone at night, the trip would have gone great. But as it was, I found myself going from vomit clean up duty to clenching a louisville slugger and back again until 4:00 am one night. The one verse that brought me peace all week, Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone oh Lord make me dwell in safety. Clearly I have some work to do in the fear area. I don't know how all these Mommies with traveling husbands or military wives do it. I have the upmost respect for them. My bed buddies during Africa week were my sick son, the bible and my phone. And sometimes the slugger.

How do your survive when one side of your bed lies empty? xo

3 comments:

  1. I admire you so much for keeping all the bases fully loaded while your "coach" was away~ I know, I have respect for parents and families together and apart.
    Finding peace and contentment does take faith.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. pve - admire nothing. i was a hot mess at night without him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate that too! For sure letting the kids in bed helps!

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground