The Making of Motherhood

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I can't decide when it happens. That gift. That blessing of motherhood. I'm tempted to say it begins at the very first positive reading on the pee stick. But then for others it happens as soon as adoption papers are signed. And still some, it's when that precious life is put into their hands. No matter when or how you feel it, it is the most blessed thing in the whole world. And the hardest. And the most rewarding. 
A never-ending job with never-ending rewards that goes by in the blink of an eye. How is it that when you're in the midst of the first few years it seems as though the neediness and exhaustion will never end - that you'll never get to go to the bathroom alone - and then it's over. Bam! Just like that...they're big. I am happy to say that I have learned to love every minute of it. Even the hard stuff because that's where we grow. Me and my littles. I want to eat my boys up. Gobble up every little (and big) morsel. They are truly delicious. And often, looking ahead is just as sweet as looking back. 

What are you grateful for these days? xo

1 comment:

  1. It's like whiplash. My boys are 20 and they still are needy but in a "good way!" I think my Mom taught me well. "Never do what they can do themselves" and always love them -
    I am grateful for my strength.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground