Going Home

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sorry for the crickets around here lately. My family and I just returned from a trip to North Carolina to bury my Dad's remains and celebrate his life with family...

The first part of our stay was at this amazing old farmhouse that sits on 200+ acres of land, which just happened to have the most peaceful pond in back. I went there to spend some time with the Lord and my Dad upon arriving. There were even two little ducks swimming in the pond and fish splashing about. A perfect place to remember my Dad. (He loved duck hunting and fishing.)


After the funeral, we made our way to Boone to spend some time in the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you've ever wondered where the ombre trend got it's start, I believe it could quite possibly have been in those very mountains. I have never seen more majestic shades of blues and greens roll into one another. It was truly breath-taking. 

Being back home stirred up all kinds of emotions and I am constantly reminded of God's love and grace. Seeing family that I haven't seen in almost 20 years was so good for my soul. Just to give them a hug and be reminded of love that isn't squelched by time or distance did wonders for me. Family is a true gift and I am grateful for each treasure and memory made.

*I realize this post has zero eloquence and is pretty poorly written. I'm kind of emotionally drained. I just wanted to share the beauty of North Carolina with you all. If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. xo

5 comments:

  1. Your account has a big minus with the loss of your father but I am so glad to hear of all the deposits you received from family you haven't seen and felt the love from for awhile.
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you this past week. So glad you got some time in the mountains. We took our vacations there almost every year, pretty sure I took the beauty of it for granted. beautiful pics friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live about an hour east of Boone, in the foothills in Yadkin County. Which means I get to look at those mountains (and our smaller ones) every day. And it is so therapeutic. I wholeheartedly believe this is a place for healing. Since living here I have gained a tremendous amount of peace. So I am glad you were able to come at such a difficult time. I pray the tranquility and simplicity will remain with you and continue to help you to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of you and your dear family at this time.
    What a beautiful thing to know that your father is no longer in pain and that he is in the Father's arms now.
    My husband goes to Boone, Ashville for work and has promised to take me some day since it is only a few hours from us. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i fell in love with the blue ridge mountains when we were in Asheville. so beautiful. wish we had made it to Boone, that was actually the first place Joel applied for a teaching job. glad it was a good trip for you. it hurts my heart to think of what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground