Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Cookie Jar

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Up until about two days ago I was a huge fan of the Target animal crackers and alphabet crackers stored in these little plastic bear containers. (Read the ingredients - high fructose corn syrup. Come on Target. Really?) Not only are the "crackers" (let's be real - they are cookies) delicious, but the containers can be used for a ton of things. Recently I used the big bear as a package for a birthday gift. My SIL is a sophomore at Baylor - Baylor Bears - so I thought they bear was quite appropriate. I filled it with some Fall favorites like candies, tea, a yummy candle, etc.

This is a great gift container, free, can be stuffed with a lot and all you have to do is wash it out and remove the stickers.
Using an old Fall inspired tissue box, I cut out new labels and hot glued them to the bear. Once the lid was screwed on tight, I placed the bear, balloons and confetti into a box and shipped the gift on down to Waco for my favorite 20 year old. 

What interesting items have you used as packages or gift "boxes?" xo

4 comments:

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground