Around the House: 5 Minute Bench Makeover

Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy Monday and MLK Day. I'm popping in for a quick DIY that some of you may be inspired to try today if your weather is as insanely gorgeous as ours has been. My friend gifted me this bench when she moved into her new mid-century modern. I love it. Clean simple lines and the perfectly worn wood. Mmm... 

And as perfect as it is, I couldn't help but feel that it needed a little spice. A bit of gold.
Once the sun began to set we threw a few logs into the pit, sat by the fire and grilled marshmallows. I love, love, love our firepit. I'm so glad we had it built. Our family gathers around the fire quite often and watching the flames is proving to generate good conversation. That warms my heart more than the flames warm my feet.
 Yup, gold stripes... they will do quite nicely.
Enjoy your three day weekend! xo

2 comments:

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground