For the Love of Coffee

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I love coffee. The aroma. The taste. The way it warms you up in the cold. And the way it wakes you up in the mornings. It's not just a drink, it's also a bonding agent. My friends and I gather over coffee often. I drink my coffee while I meet with God and read His word.  To me, coffee just goes hand in hand with the warmth of love of community. Silly I know. It's a bean. 

Now, let me tell you what I don't love. Fake. (Well, unless it's fake fur.) And because I love my coffee along with the pure joy it brings me... I don't want any fake in my coffee. I have tried a number of coffee creamer recipes found via Pinterest and much to my dismay, they have all disappointed. Until now. I have finally figured it out. It's all in the ratio. Ratio. Ratio. Very important, otherwise it's not sweet enough or the flavor is just all wrong.

Here's what you need to make the perfect creamer - Yes! I said perfect and I mean it. (If you're wondering why the two mason jars? - ratio! One can of sweetened condensed milk makes about 1.5 mason jars of creamer.)
 <half of each per container
.>>
Once you fill your container with half of each milk, add pure vanilla extract if you like French Vanilla creamer. One to two tablespoons depending on your preference. Before stirring, your creamer will look like this...
Mixing your ingredients well is also very crucial to a good consistent flavor. That's where the trusty blender (one of my most beloved Christmas gifts ever) comes in handy...
That contraption/mixer/extension or whatever you call it, is uh-mazing...blending all of the ingredients to absolute perfection.
Yum. Yum. Yummers. So simple right? Half and Half. Sweetened Condensed Milk. Vanilla. Three ingredients. Here's the kicker - not only does it taste great, but it's inexpensive and lasts us 2 weeks or more. I also use it in my tea, both Chai, pictured above, and Chamomile Vanilla. (I think I have a thing for vanilla. And sugar.) How do you take your coffee or tea? xo

PS - the hubs and I got an espresso maker for Christmas. I die!

10 comments:

  1. This looks great! For those of us who dont use canned goods, this is a good way to get sweetened condensed milk: http://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2013/11/homemade-sweetened-condensed-milk/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate - thanks for the link to the homemade sweetened condensed milk. I've gotta give this a try! xo

      Delete
  2. This just looks pretty and I am too lazy to whip this up. Thanks for sharing with us though! Wink,wink.

    I do agree, however, that ration is the KEY to a great cup of comfort, I mean coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shon - whatever... you are the last person I see as "lazy" - how many kids do you have? I rest my case. try it. you will love it. promise! not hard at all, or time consuming. xo

      Delete
  3. When do I get Coffee with my Brooke???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! I will give it a try for sure. I have a few friends who have started drinking their coffee black like "grown ups." I vow to stay a kid forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made up a batch last week and I'm loving it! Makes me look forward to my morning cup of coffee--and has me considering coffee in the afternoon and evening as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breanna - yay! So glad you like it. Don't go turnin' into a coffee addict! I'll have to come over for an intervention! xo

      Delete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground