The Sweet Smell of Summer

Friday, May 30, 2014

This stuff. It's gonna be on heavy rotation this summer. One of my favorite smells when I'm at the beach is suntan lotion; the coconut-y goodness gets me every time. This week I started using Trader Joe's Coconut Oil instead of lotion. As soon as I get out of the shower, I just scoop a bit onto my fingers and smooth over my legs and arms. The heat of my skin from the shower causes the oil to absorb pretty quickly and evenly without using a lot. And the smell... oh the smell is yummylicious. 

If the smell isn't enough to entice you, check this out... some studies show that coconut oil mixed with neem or other essential oils like peppermint or eucalyptus can deter the pesky mosquitos who kill the mood of every outdoor event. Bam! Take that blood suckers. Need further convincing? How about it's reduction of rashes after shaving? I could go on and on.

Ahhh, the sweet smell of summer has arrived and it is good. Happy Weekend Y'all! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground