Is Instagram...

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Is it possible that blogs are losing their voice? As schedules get busier and time seems to be more and more precious, could Instagram be the new blog? I don't know; but I have noticed a few trends that seem to suggest that people are kind of over blogging.

1. Less posts and comments. Maybe it's just me because I've been away from my blog so much lately. Very possible, but I've notices this trend with bloggers I follow as well.

2. Less time. It's so much easier to snap a pic with your iphone, post to IG and go than to sit down with wifi connection, write posts, edit photos and the like.

3. There are millions upon millions of blogs. How can we keep up? And how do we decide who to follow, much less actually read their posts?

4. I recently saw on someone's IG page that their "about" line said, "Instagram blogger." Am I late to this party? Are there now IG "bloggers"?

Once I saw this (#4) I couldn't help but wonder... What is the official definition of a blog anyway? I found this, "a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis." Most of my friends don't have time or have left blogging because of the super-sized market. I don't know who even reads blogs anymore. If video killed the radio star, did Instagram kill the blog star? What are your thoughts? Do you blog? Are you over it? And yes, I realize the irony of asking these questions on a blog. ha ha ha. Indulge me just a little. xo

4 comments:

  1. I think there are a lot of options of course and lots of places to post and keep up. Although I like Instagram, I still like to read blogs. I don't comment very often like I used to, but I keep a few rotating favorites (50 or under) in my Feedly reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are on to something! I do look at instagram way more then I do blogs now. Except for yours of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I have been meaning to drop back into the blog life and just can't quite find the time. You know, you responded to me on this recently. I feel like it's all been said and who wants to post, to post anyway? I don't have Insta, because I don't have an Iphone. I have noticed a lot of folks using IG more and more...hmm, something to think about huh? Miss ya' and Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard there is a shift. But I still think blogging is a more professional and long term way of collecting info. for example, we can't pin images from instagram (or can we?!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground