4th of July Inspiration

Thursday, July 3, 2014

If you're anything like me, you've put off planning any 4th of July activities and now you're scrambling to put something together last minute. Fear not. There are millions of clever folks out there that have gone before us, creating the perfect crafts and food fare for tomorrow's celebration. And to them I say, thank you and God bless you! And thank you Pinterest for being a one stop idea place for all procrastinators. ha ha ha.

In my pretend world I'm having a family gathering at the beautiful table above with a bounty of fruit cobblers, pies and Blue Bell ice cream. The littles are running around in handmade patriotic tees with bubble wands and crafted faux fireworks and sparklers. And the adults are drinking delicious blueberry jam and gin cocktails while playing corn hole. Then reality sets in and I'm brought back to real like where my husband is still out of town, my kids are currently bickering and tonight we are braving the crowds of my sister's town square in hopes of having some "small town" fun.

If you're up for any last minute prep, here are some fun ideas... I happen to love the paper cups below that could easily be painted by littles in different designs so that everyone knows who's cup is who's.
 1 | 2 | 3
1 | 2 | 3
As dreary as today seems, I know tomorrow is a new day. A day to be grateful for all the men and women that have gone before me and those that still fight today for our freedom. It is a beautiful thing this freedom that we often take for granted. It changes everything and I am so grateful to live in America. What are your plans for the fourth? xo

lovely table setting above via 79 Ideas

9 comments:

  1. good idea adding legs to a drawer. also add wood casters to finish the look would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m very pleased to read this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve read this post and if I may I want to suggest you some attention-grabbing things or suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hello, good day, this page was very enjoyable for me and I really enjoyed its content. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! thanks for sharing it was very informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent publish, very informative.

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground