Baby Love Part 2

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I love Lotta Jansdotter.  She makes the most amazing fabrics ever; so simple and clean, yet inspiring.  Then she has to go and add to her extensive talents: products, print making and sewing books with super easy designs and patterns that really do fit into your every day life.  She's Scandinavian.  Secretly, I have a huge crush on all things Scandinavian. From a design standpoint, they just do everything so darn well! Is it in their blood? My friend Cricket jokes that try as I may, I will never be a Swede.

You may be asking yourself, "what does any of this have to do with Baby Love?" Well, I'm glad you asked.  Lotta Jansdotter has an amazing sewing book that I've mentioned here before called Simple Sewing for Baby. It contains all of these amazing, fun and practical things to make for your little ones. And since we just had a sip-n-see for one of my dear girlfriends, she got the blocks from yesterday and a sweet giraffe rattle from Lotta's Baby book.

The pattern and sewing were quite easy.  Really. But, I ran into a couple of problems along the way. One, my giraffe wasn't nearly as smooth as the ones shown in the book. I'm sure that is purely sewer error. Two, the hand sewn nose didn't turn out all that great for me. Three, I wanted it to actually rattle so a put a bell in the nose/head and although you can hear it...it's VERY faint. Perhaps it is suppose to have a soothing effect on the baby? And yet, with all of these troubles, it only took a short time to make and turned out pretty cute.


I took the above images before the nose was sewn on and I added the rick-rack like ribbon at the back for more texture. Despite my hiccups, I think LR will love this rattle. If not, she can always use it to beat the boys off of her! Wink-wink. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground