Softies

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's here...my first book to begin my new journey for 2010. Softies Only a Mother Could Love by Jess Redman and Meg Leder. I'm so excited! I have decided that my first project will be a cat softie for my Grandmother-in-law. She's always doing amazing things for our family and she LOVES cats, so I thought a little something for her is in order.

I've found the color palette that I'd like to use (image below.) I think browns and orange with hints of pinks and cream will be perfect for this little kitty.
Below is a pic from the Softies book of the "Cat." I also included my first attempt at a softie in this pic. I made it for my youngest son when he was chewing on every strap he got his hands on - yes, even the ones in the grocery carts that every other kid in our city had chewed on before him. Sick! This little owl softie was made with scrap fabric, webbing straps and filled with grocery bags for stuffing and crunchy sounds! "Hootie" was loved, legs chewed on and most recently - discarded. Now that Liam's chewing has subsided and he's moved on to cars, I can't find the courage to pass Hootie on to anyone else. He was my first softie after all.

I hope to finish the Cat softie by the end of the week. Stay tuned for progress reports and the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground