Around The House: Sticks

Monday, February 8, 2010

One of my favorite places for inspiration is Anthropologie. Years ago they had sticks, tree branches, (whatever you want to call them) hanging from the ceiling by yarn. A couple of years back they did one huge branch above their cash registers also hanging by yarn. I took a cue from Anthro and used this lovely found object on my bedroom wall. I spray painted them white, wrapped the tops in yellow yarn and hung them from the ceiling.  They look amazing against the gray walls. (I'd share a photo, but my camera seems to be MIA right now.) I've also used them as table decor, Christmas decoration and curtain rods.


Sticks, beautiful sticks that can be found anywhere in your neighborhood, perhaps even in your own back yard, can truly transform a room! And, it seems everyone is inspired by sticks these days! xo



1 comment:

  1. I love the sticks!!! I enjoyed seeing all of the photos of different ways to use them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground