Handmade Valentines

Friday, February 5, 2010

I love going to the book store, grabbing a heap of magazines and losing myself in the images. Whenever I need a break, it's one of the first places I go to get away.  It's my Calgon and if you don't know the reference there I am either way too old or you are much too young! Anyway, I was looking through Martha Stewart Living and she had a great handmade stamp idea for flowers. Then as I was doing my daily blog hop I saw this from cardstore.com here:

I decided to combine the efforts of both the card above and Martha's handmade cardboard stamp. And while the above cards are waaaaayyyyy cuter than mine, I thought the stamp actually turned out pretty good. To make the stamp, take a cardboard flap from a box, roll it up and tape it together! How easy is that? 



I'm definitely no graphic artist or illustrator but my kids and I had fun making the flowers with the cardboard stamp and our fingerprints. Then we just had to eat all the heart candy; crafting can really work up one's appetite. xo

2 comments:

  1. I love the cardboard hearts! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cardboard stamp flowers!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground