Ahhhh...Spring, Finally!!!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

The birds are chirping, trees are budding and temperatures are so very pleasant. It's a complete joy to be outside right now.  Unfortunately Dallas gets only about two weeks of Spring before temperatures soar into the triple digits. So I'm going to soak up every bit of this beautiful weather before it's gone. In preparation of the season, I did a quick entryway makeover.  Hearts and kissy cards down, bunny and flowers up.


I was inspired to make some paper flowers after looking through some old issues of Real Simple last night. They did this amazing tabletop for Thanksgiving that I think works so much better for an Easter brunch, but that's just me.


Once I added the flowers to my bare little tree limbs I felt it needed more. Some sweet flower buds. It is Spring after all! Design*Sponge had a great fabric flower bud tutorial back in December that I pulled from my inspiration folder and they worked great. I made the buds super tiny, using only a 1/4 of my cotton balls per bud.



I think I like the end result, but I find myself wanting to add a bit more. I like the humor the game cards bring, but it's still missing something...bunting maybe? Hmmm, not sure. It's going to have to do for now because my kids are in the backyard and I need to join them for a round of Hopscotch!

I hope you'll stop back by on Monday because I've got something really cool to show you! Until then, happy weekend. xo

1 comment:

  1. I like the look - forgot about paper flowers. The Real Simple link was an easy review. So many beautiful papers to select from now!
    I think I'll take this idea, add grass under my bunny, and maybe do the old-fashioned egg decorating - blowing out the eggs - decorating and hanging them. Again - thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground