Around the House: The New Chalkboard

Monday, March 15, 2010

We have a chalkboard wall in our kitchen and we love it. By "we" I mean all of us, every single one of us. For some reason, chalk seems to bring out your inner child. I like to write love notes to my husband on the wall. My husband writes bible verses for our family and other notes of encouragement. Our kids just like the fact that they can actually draw on a wall. Shockingly, we've only had one incident where a wall other than "the black wall" has been written upon. And I  have to be honest, I love the fact that chalk comes out of clothes really easily because I stink at getting stains out!


via cookie

via cookie

I know. I know. The chalkboard trend has been around for a while now, but there's some really new and great ideas floating around out there. So you don't want to paint a whole wall?  How about doing circles, squares or furniture?


That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also color, stickers and thought bubbles! I love it... the possibilities are endless.




Go ahead - release your inner child. You know you want to! xo


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your ideas!!! I think we are going to do some chalkboard in Hattie's room. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground